Hope you guys are having a great week! Since I’m on a styling job in Vancouver this week, I thought I would share one of my favorite DIYs to date that Eden created for us awhile back. It’s such an easy and inexpensive way to add some character or eccentricity to a space. Plus, I think it would do really well outdoors for any of you planning to host a big Labor Day shindig. It would be the perfect stage for a self-serve cocktail bar, don’t ya think?
- Purchased a utility cart. I got mine from Sams Club for $60 (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/
- Assemble the cart and make sure to leave the bumpers off, it looks much nicer without them!
- Sand the metal as much as you can. The more the better, use different grades of sand paper too.
- Tape off the wheels, and spray paint the cart any color you want!
- The cart comes with plastic you can place on each shelf. I chose to only include one for the bottom.
- I covered the bottom plastic piece in upholstery leather from Leather Hide Store (https://www.leatherhidestore.
com/upholstery-leather) and used hot glue to adhere it to the back of the plastic, effortless but looks chic!!
- I also cut a small piece of leather for the handle on the bar cart. I also adhered the leather to the handle with a small amount of hot glue and it’s very sturdy!
All photos and instructions by Eden Passante of Sugar and Charm